mercoledì 11 gennaio 2017

Random Complete Equipment Generator for LotFP and other fantasy games

This table, specifically a die drop table, generates with a single throw of three dice the complete equipment for a first level character for the OSR role-playing game Lamentations of the Flame Princess (which can be found here for free) or any other fantasy game.

How can you do this? By simply printing the table on a sheet of paper and throwing the dice over it, and looking at where they landed.
Furthermore. this table has been specifically designed to be also used as a classic random table, without the need to print it. You decide the method you prefer!

You can download the table by clicking on the image (which is also an example of how the table works):


The table should be printed, but you are of course free to throw your dice on the screen of your tablet, or your pc monitor. I do not take responsibility for any damage!

**
This is my first attempt ever of a die drop table. My table seems complicated, but it is just in appearance. In fact I studied over this table for quite some time to obtain the best possible results by throwing the least number of dice possible, and to use them at the best. I think I managed to do it, and I also managed to make this table usable also as a classic random table, without the need to print it, by adding numbers along with the items.
I also find the table really versatile: you can generate a lot of different results with a single throw, from a complete equipment set to the number of guards that are attacking your party, and how are they armed!

I hope you enjoy it and that you will find it useful!

8 commenti:

  1. This is really cool! I'll definitely be using it.

    RispondiElimina
  2. What are the horizontal lines in the boxes for?

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Sorry for the late reply.
      In my head it separates encumbering equipment from non-encumbering equipment.

      Elimina
  3. Risposte
    1. Yeah, I don't remember if I forgot them or if I purposely left them out.

      I should probably add them in an eventual update, but at least in LotFP shields cost 10sp so you should be able to buy them most of the times (spare money is 1d6x5sp so with a 2+ roll you get 10sp).

      Elimina